Thursday, September 20, 2012

Projects...

#1 Gathering wood for the winter! I'm amazed at how much I love to have a wood burning stove. I'm also amazed at how much I miss a furnace. These last couple of weeks, I wake up and instantly put on wool socks. It is getting cold here. 

#2 Roof!  Our roof is leaky. Months ago we had a huge wind storm and it blew a lot of our shingles off of our kitchen. El has been working on it and it is a hard task to do by himself. We are grateful to his Dad for picking up all of the materials for us in town and we are grateful to Nate Daily for showing up one day out of the blue and using his family vacation time to help out! Seriously so awesome... BUT we are still working on it weeks later. Anyone want to come help? ;)

#3 Fencing the yard...  I'm looking to get Kylah a horse, so I'm getting ready to fence the backyard completely. It will be good for her to have her own horse. She is really a natural when it comes to any animal. She really loves horses. I'm so glad! For years my Christmas list looked like this: 
#1 Horse
#2 Pony
#3 Dollies
You get the picture. I loved horses. Always wanted one. Maybe one day I'll get myself one. But for now, I will get one for my children... 

#4 Fixing the chicken coops. It has to be done before winter...  BLAH!

The more I look at this list, the more I want to do something fun. What fun projects are you doing? I'd like to know so I can live vicariously through you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment