Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The muggin of the cows...


So this past Saturday we had the pleasure of going to our Branch Presidents ranch to help them brand, tag, medicate and castrate their cows. It was such an amazing time! I have never before been part of something like this and I must say that I LOVED IT!!!!  I was down in the cow crap helping hold the cows down and helping tag them. I got chased by cows and bulls. It was amazing! One of the really funny parts was watching El tackle a yearling calf that wouldn’t go down. I thought to myself, WOW my husband should have been a football player!
It was really cold and the fog was crazy, but watching the cowboys and cowgirl rope the calfs/cow was awesome. My next goal is to learn how to rope. Then maybe one day I will be able to be that cowgirl who gets to rope… 
I asked Morgan if she would take pictures of us and she was very willing. So this is what she came up with before the batteries died…














YEP.. NOT one of El and I in with the cows.. Too funny! Overall it was such a great day. We were so happy to be able to help out. I hope we get to do it all again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment