Monday, November 21, 2011

Yummy Goodness....

Take a wild guess as to how often I made things from scratch in my life up until now.... Go on, guess..  Maybe like 3 times. I am that girl who looks for the quickest way to get a meal done. Mostly because Little Ceasers was right around the corner. Talk about yuck. Just thinking about eating that pizza makes my stomach turn. 
So now, I am taking on the world of cooking. Not just cooking, but cooking from scratch. I have this really awesome cookbook that El got me last Christmas and I love it. It is the Better Homes and Garden New CookBook 15th edition. I have really wanted one of these cookbooks for a long time. My Grandma has one that is who knows how old. Not only does it have really good recipes, it has so much information in it. Along with step by step pictures, and guess what, I love pictures... You can purchase it here...
One of my first adventures was homemade biscuits with gravy. Now I didn't make the gravy from scratch because I didn't have any sausage but I found these really good packaged gravy's at the bread store and they are yummy... But you can order them here and it looks like they are cheaper here than at the bread store.
 Getting everything prepared....

 Getting ready to cut in the butter. Cutting butter in isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
Who knew that Ikea cups would also work as a biscuit cutter...  :)
Getting ready to go in the oven....
Fresh homemade biscuits..  O they were SO good...
The final outcome. Yummy Goodness.
El and his goofiness.. He defiantly approved!

O and guess what else, Pumpkin the kitten has been earning her keep!

Have an awesome day!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the BH&G cookbook. I was raised on it and when my mom got me one as she shipped me off to college it saved me. Even when I call and ask her how to do something now she says, just look it up in your red and white cookbook. It's got all the answers! (THey should pay me to say that. haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds good! The picture of your cat & "friend" makes me kinda want to hurl though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed that the cook book as a must have reference in the kitchen, I use mine all the time. And once you get the biscuits down, home made sausage gravy is pretty easy too, I just buy sausage when it goes on sale, and keep it in my freezer. Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a domestic diva!

    ReplyDelete