Friday, November 18, 2011

the Mice of Pleasant Valley

How many of you have seen the Secret Of Nimh? Its one of my favorite movies of all time! I love Mrs. Frisby... She is such a good little mouse momma. All of the rats are so smart and cunning. The cat Dragon is a total meany pants and Jeremy the crow is a nut job. 

I bet your wondering what on earth does this have to do with living out in the country. WELL, I am learning to deal with and coap with mice....   EEEEK MICE! These are no ordinary mice. They are like to mice and rats in the secret of nimh. They are smart! TOO SMART! 

Your probably wondering well then why don't you get cats?. Well, I did.. TWO of them. They are precious. They were ment to be outside cats. That is until I found out that our precious dog Sheba likes to eat cats. YES, eat cats! Why in the world would that happen? Dogs love Cats, right? NO. They don't... Tom and Jerry taught me that. 

So we have two cats. Ninja and Pumpkin. I bet you can't guess which one is which. :) 
Well these cats have been pretty awesome. Other than we can't let them outside to do their sworn duty. But the do work some of their mad hunter skills in the house. 3 mice have met their ferocious jaws. But there is ONE mouse (at least I think it is one) who illudes them. So, we got traps. 4 traps! Have had them up for a week. NOT one of these traps have gotten a mouse. This is what leads me to believe they are like the rats/mice in the movie. They are SMART! 

Have you had mice? How did you take care of them?

PS. Crows...  They are so interesting! I have never seen crows like I do out here. I'll write a post about that later...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Secret of Nimh! Jeremy is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have mice when I was a kid. They would come into the house when the pastures all got cut for hay, and in the fall when it got cold out side. Cats and traps set with peanut butter, thats what my dad always did.

    ReplyDelete